If thinking about food is your pastime, Food for Thought is for you!

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Father's Day in China

This year, my Dad was in China on Father's Day. Always the good daughter, I called him up my Saturday night, his Sunday morning, to wish him a happy Father's Day. When we hung up, he was on his way to breakfast, I'm sure to enjoy congee and that sticky rice and pork dish that comes wrapped in a lotus leaf. (At least, those are always my breakfast favorites, and I'm assuming like daughter, like father!) And I was left craving those dishes.

So this week, my mission was to find them. And it was half-accomplished yesterday. I had the congee with minced beef at Full Kee and, although it didn't quite live up to my memories of the dish (Dad says add a dash of chili or brown vinegar), it certainly satisfied the craving. (I also had the soup with shrimp dumplings, which I can never pass up there...)

I still haven't tracked down my other favorite, that sticky rice and pork wrapped in a lotus leaf. But I'm working on it...

Full Kee
509 H Street, NW
202-371-2233

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home