If thinking about food is your pastime, Food for Thought is for you!

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Heritage India

Last week, my dinner companion and I went to Heritage India and ordered enough food for four (leaving me with leftovers for the rest of the week!) One highlight (because I can't remember every dish we had) was the stuffed bell peppers, which were a fantastic combination of slightly spicy filling, stuffed inside a barely grilled and still crisp and fresh-tasting green pepper. The textures and flavors complemented each other superbly, and the dish easily became a favorite for when I return. I was also introduced to the wonders that are Indian pickles. I'd always avoided them in the past (generally not liking the flavor of pickled things), but they added a great zest to the flavors of our lamb and prawn dishes.

And service, although a problem in the past, was actually quite good. Attentive without being overbearing, we were checked on enough to satisfy any need we had, but left alone enough to enjoy our feast.

The only downside to the evening was that I was too full to stop by Max's Best Ice Cream for a scoop before heading home...

Heritage India
2400 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
202-333-3120

Max's Best Ice Cream
2416 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
202-333-3111

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home