If thinking about food is your pastime, Food for Thought is for you!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

... enjoying by night!

So, I've been somewhat remiss in sharing stories of summer fun in Paris. Life isn't all turning veggies and filleting fish, shocking as that may be...

In three weeks here, I've already had two sets of visitors from the States! And they all seem to want to see me the day they arrive -- am I some sort of miracle cure for jetlag? On their first day here a couple of weeks ago, Garrett, Laura and I enjoyed drinks and bouillabaisse in Montparnasse, and shared travel horror stories (moral: always pack a change of clothes in your carryon when flying Air France). A few days later, we met up for an amazing dinner in le Marais, but that merits its own post, to come later this week.

And on his first night in town, Mike and I shared a wonderful dinner at Fish La Boissonerie (69, rue de Seine 75006 Paris, tel: 01 43 54 34 69). This place is very foreigner-friendly, something that I usually don't love, but there was something so right about the vibe of the space, I loved our bartender, and I can see myself stopping in regularly for a snack or a drink. And the food was very good! Despite the name, we had no fruits de mer (although we did have some boissons), but we loved everything we ate, particularly the seared foie gras, pork (highly recommended by the aforementioned bartender), and thyme panna cotta. I think this was my first foie in Paris, and won't be my last!












But there's fun and games with my LCB classmates as well -- ten of us got together for drinks a couple of weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun to get to know each other outside of the kitchen, and in street clothes. We all clean up pretty well!














A few days later, Anne, Claudia and I headed out in Odeon for a bite to eat and a screening of Ocean's 13. Better than 12, not as good as 11 ... but lots of fun! We're already planning another movie outing for when Ratatouille opens here in Paris -- what could be better for us than a movie about becoming a chef in Paris?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home